Sometimes, you might face the“Bitdefender Threat Scanner” error when you shut down or restart your computer. This error may occur even though you don’t have Bitdefender antivirus installed on your system. Also, this error may occur due to any of these antivirus programs installed on your system. These antivirus programs are BullGuard, SurfRight (HitmanPro), TrustPort, etc. Here are some of the Troubleshooting steps in order to fix this error. These steps will definitely help you in resolving this error. Follow the below-given instructions carefully in order to fix this error completely from your device.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error
Method 1. Procedure To Clear Temp Folder
Sometimes, the pop-up message notifies you that information related to this error is stored in the temp folder. However, when you locate and open that “dmp” file, it fails to download. So, in that case, you should completely clear out the entries that are present in the temp folder. For many users, cleaning temp folder bypasses the problem completely. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- First of all, click on the “Start” or “Windows” icon at the bottom left side of the desktop screen.
- Thereafter, type “Run” in the search box and press the enter key.
- After that, type “Temp” in the respective field and then click on the “Ok” button.
- This will open the Temp folder on your screen.
- Consequently, select all the entries that you wish to delete from the temp folder. Make sure that you have selected all the entries. After this, press the delete key from the keyboard.
- Subsequently, once again launch “Run” by following the above-mentioned steps.
- Then, type “%temp%” in the space provided and press enter to execute it.
- As a result, this opens the temp folder for your user account. Here, you are required to select all the items.
- Next, press the enter key to eradicate all the items of the folder.
- After clearing all the entries from the folder, restart your computer.
Method 2. Run The Patch
- First of all, you need to figure out the version of your operating system.
- After this, depending on the version and architecture, run the patch accordingly. On the support page of Bitdefender download and run the patch according to your operating system.
Bitdefender software introduced this patch in order to fix this error. So, after running the patch, it should resolve the Bitdefender Threat scanner error. If you still face the error, follow another method.
Method 3. Fix Corrupted Files With File Explorer
- Firstly, open your “File Explorer”.
- Thereafter, select “This PC” or “My Computer” as per the option provided by your browser.
- After that, type “C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Spybot – Search & Destroy 2” in the address bar on the top.
- Consequently, navigate the file named “SDAV.dll”.
- Then, right-click on the DLL file and select Copy.
- After this, go back to the “Spybot – Search & Destroy 2” folder. Right-click this folder to select Paste.
- In case, if this DLL file is already present, you have to check the size of the file. For this, right-click on the DLL file and select “Properties” from the extended list.
- In case, if the size of the file is not 32KB, you have to replace it immediately.
- Now, to replace the existing DLL file in the destination, locate the file named SDAV.dll. Then, right-click on the DLL file and select Copy. After this, go back to the Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 folder. Right-click this folder to select Paste.
- Finally, click on the “Replace the file in the destination”.
Once you successfully substitute the damaged Spybot’s file, the Bitdefender Threat Scanner error does not appear on your screen.
Hence, the above-mentioned solutions will help you to overcome this error.