While installing the Bitdefender software, sometimes it shows an error and does not allow the users to complete the installation process. Also, there are cases where the software is installed successfully but users are unable to find the application in their system. So below are the troubleshooting steps that may help you in resolving the error so that users can access the software properly.
If you are facing issues while installing the software on your Windows computer, go through the given steps:
Check Disk Tool
Checking the disk tool is helpful to check the integrity of your hard disk and correct various types of errors. So, below is the procedure for it:
- Click on the Start button.
- Then, type Command Prompt into the search field.
- Now, select Run as an administrator by right-clicking on it.
- User Account Control pop-up appears. Click on the yes button to give permission for making necessary changes to your computer.
- In the next screen, use the command “chkdsk /f C:” to find and repair errors on drive C. But if you want to scan a different drive, you are required to replace C from the command with your drive letter.
Perform all the Windows Updates
- First of all, open the Windows icon and type Command Prompt.
- Then, open the elevated Command Prompt.
- In the next screen, type the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and press Enter.
Add Permission to the Bitdefender Installation Folders
If the permissions are not enabled, then also the software will create problems in the installation:
- Go to “C:/Program Files/Common Files/Bitdefender/SetupInformation/”
- Now, right-click on setup information and then select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab located at the top of the window.
- Next, select your User and tick the box given next to Full Control. Then, click on the OK button.
- In addition, set full permissions for the folders given below by repeating the above process.
C:/Program Files/Common Files/Bitdefender
- Then, restart your computer and again install Bitdefender antivirus.
- Further, you can also use the Microsoft File Checker Tool to repair all the corrupted files. This may resolve the Bitdefender setup error.
While installing the Bitdefender software on Mac, you can encounter the following errors:
- Installation successful window appears but the application is not shown on your system.
- After the installation successful window, a notification of install failed appears.
- At the time of login to your account, a message of ERROR display on your screen.
So, to resolve the above errors, follow the below-given methods:
Use Disk Utility
You can use disk utility and run the first aid for resolving the issue. By doing so, it will check your disk for errors and repair them.
- Go to Applications>Utilities.
- Then, open disk utilities.
- After that, select your startup disk and run the first aid. It will repair the Bitdefender setup error.
Disable Proxy Settings and Mac Firewall
Sometimes these bitdefender error occurs due to a slow internet connection. For stable internet connection, follow the below-given steps to disable proxy settings and Mac Firewall:
- First of all, open System Preferences.
- Then, go to Network and select your active connection
- After that, click on the Advanced tab and then select the Proxies tab.
- Now, in the section of Select a protocol to configure clear all the checkboxes.
- Then, select the DNS tab and use the ”+” button to add the following addresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Next, click on the OK button and then on Apply.
- Now, go back to System Preferences and open Security & Privacy.
- Go to the Firewall tab: click on the Lock icon which is located in the bottom-left corner, insert your administrator password and then select “Turn off Firewall”.